Case No. 10: Hypospadias
- Passing urine from the undersurface of the penis. The opening may be anywhere from the glans penis to the perineum.
- Generally always associated with bending of the penis(chordee).
- Treatment is only by surgical correction.
- Single or 2 staged surgery can be performed.
- Should be operated as early as 6 months, preferably after 9 months.
- Urethro cutaneous fistula formation is seen in 15-20% of patients.
Point To Remember
Early and timely surgery prevents the child from having psychological trauma of penile surgery.