Case Undescended Testis
Case Series. 05: Undescended Testis
- To be evaluated and operated at 6 months of age, delay in intervention is not helpful.
- If the testis is palpable in the inguinal canal –> open Orchiopexy to be performed.
- If the testis is palpable in the inguinal canal
If close to inguinal ring > Single Staged procedure
If far from inguinal ring > 2 staged procedures at 6 months interval
- Vanishing Testis, Nub in Testis and SOS need for Exporation or Orchidectomy to always be explained to the relatives.
- All procedures performed in daycare settings have very good results.
- MRI has no role in Non-palpable Testis.
Reminder: Timely intervention gives the best results