Case No. 13: Urethrocutaneous Fistula
- Occurs in 5-15% of patients operated for hypospadias repair surgery.
- The child passes urine from the neo meatus and also from a small opening on the dorsal(lower)surface of penis.
- The treatment is only surgical.
- Surgery is performed at least 6 months after the previously performed hypospadias repair.
- The small hole is closed and a second layer cover is given using the adjacent tissue.
- Post this surgery the child should pass urine only from the tip and would not require further intervention in this regards.