Wounds Suturing in Children
Case No.6: Wounds Suturing In Children
Children are very prone to fall and injury over different parts of the body.
- Do not panic. If it’s bleeding Don’t apply turmeric or any other powder. Compression should be applied.
- Suturing can be done within the first 48-72 hours after injury.
- If the injury is not close to any critical part of the body like eye, tongue or inner surface of the lip suturing can be done under local anaesthesia itself. GENERAL ANAESTHESIA MIGHT NOT BE REQUIRED.
- Suturing gives very good cosmetic results and healing. No need for further dressings.
- Less scar, less pain of dressing, and less fear or mental anguish to child and parents.